Monday, March 15, 2010

Bend the Rules Sewing

I love this book right now. I got it out of the library a couple weeks ago, when I got a reminder from the library that it was due I went ahead and ordered it on Amazon. I could live without it, but I sure wanted it in my library!

I have made two projects out of it so far, with many plans to make more. Here are my reviews and pictures of my projects.

Scalloped Baby Blanket

This was a really easy pattern. It took a little patience to get the scallops just right, and you have to clip super close to the inside points of the scallops to get them to look right when you turn the blanket right side out. Be sure to pin a lot to get your edges lined up just right before topstitching. I don't have a printer at home that I can use to enlarge the patterns from the back of the book, so I mad my own scallops using a lid to a large yogurt container. It worked just great.
The fabric is quilter's flannel from Joann's.




Simple Tote
This was a really simple pattern, I used materials from my stash, and I plan to make many more. I used this for a gift bag for birthday of one of my son's little friends.




If you are going to sew from this book, please check out the errata here.

2 comments:

  1. Love the scalloped baby blanket...especially the colors. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you putting the blanket on your Etsy? If so, how much are you charging for it?

    ReplyDelete